Saturday, March 29, 2014

An Excellent Friday

It started with judging a moot court for a class of very bright and smart fifth graders, and ended with two terrific Sweet Sixteen games at Lucas Oil Stadium, sitting almost as close to the court as the photographers. In between, I attended a panel at the annual conference of SPEA PhD students, and a really fun and interesting lunch talk by University of Wisconsin Professor Susan Webb Yackee, who is researching lobbyists' influence on the President's Office of Management and Budget.

I'm not a huge college basketball fan, and sitting through two games in one evening is not normally my idea of a night out; but the atmosphere, especially for the second game between Kentucky and Louisville was electric. I didn't get home until 2 am, but it was an excellent day all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.