Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Why I Will See Wes Anderson's New Movie

I'm not that much of a film buff. I only go to the theater a few times a year. I've seen some of Wes Anderson's past films, and have found them to be hit-and-miss. I really liked Rushmore,The Royal Tenenbaums, and The Fantastic Mr. Fox, but didn't care much for The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (despite some really original visual effects) or Moonrise Kingdom. I predict I will very much enjoy his new film, The New Budapest Hotel, based on an article at The Daily Beast (here). According to that article, Anderson's new film is based on stories by one my favorite twentieth-century authors, Stefan Zweig. I hope the film does justice to Zweig's brilliance as an author, and to the tragedy of his later life as a refugee from fin de siecle Vienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.