Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Off to Utah

I'm heading to Provo, Utah immediately after class today for a conference at BYU's J. Reuben Clark Law School on "The Global Commons," which has been organized in honor of my late friend and colleague Elinor Ostrom. I won't be the only Ostrom Workshopper at the conference: Marco Janssen a institutional analyst and modeler from ASU will be on my same panel. In fact, this is the third conference in the last year at which Marco and I have been paired as co-panelists. The last time was a plenary panel in honor of Lin at INSIE in Florence. Before that, we were on a panel together at the annual meeting of the Association for Law, Property, and Society (ALPS) in Minneapolis. I wonder whether we'll also be co-panelists at "WOW5" (the fifth periodic Workshop on the Ostrom Workshop) at IU this coming June.

Other conference participants include Carol Rose, Lee Fennell, Jim Salzman, Buzz Thompson and Eric Freyfogle. It should be lots of fun, and a great learning opportunity (at least for me). More information about the conference, including the program, can be read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.