Monday, June 17, 2013

The Free Ride Is Coming to an End

With more and more news sources going behind pay-walls, including the Washington Post, the Guardian, and the Telegraph, it appears that the era of free-riding on e-news has just about ended, at least for those not content with the Daily Beast. I may very quickly go from spending nothing on news to spending $20/month or more. Instead, I could freely use agglomeration services to which my university subscribes, such as Factiva or Access World News, but they are not very user-friendly.

In any case, I might be better off just ignoring the daily news. Already, I spend a good deal of money on cable television, which provides several poor television news channels I rarely watch.

Justice Holmes never read the newspapers, but seemed to be a pretty knowledgeable and au courant fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.