Monday, May 20, 2013

SELE - Tel Aviv

I'm off today to the Fifth Annual Meeting of the Society for Environmental Law and Economics (of which I am a co-founder) at Bar Ilan University in Tel Aviv. Oren Perez is hosting the event this year, and we have a great set of presentations. This year, for the first time, we have presenters coming from South America (specially, Chile) and Japan. SELE is developing into a truly global, if still small and informal group, of legal scholars, economists, and political-economists.

I'll be presenting some preparatory (pre-writing) work from the "Program in Institutional Analysis of Social-Ecological Systems" (PIASES), which is an effort to improve and combine Lin Ostrom's two major diagnostic and analytical frameworks: The Institutional Analysis and Development (IAD) Framework and the Social-Ecological Systems (SES) Framework. My presentation will focus on how an improved version of the SES Framework applies to Hardin's "Tragedy of the Commons," and I'll give just a glimpse of the new PIASES Dynamic Framework.

After Tel Aviv, I head to London to spend a few days with my daughter, who is finishing up the school year at the University of Canterbury. And then on to Amsterdam for an international law conference, which I'll post about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.