Thursday, April 18, 2013

So Long Quora

I've just deactivated my Quora account after their ham-fisted moderators determined that one of my responses to an inane question ("Can hypnosis cure homosexuality?") was a "joke" answer and, therefore, unhelpful to the person who raised the question. I grant that my answer was humorous - and I give them full credit for recognizing a joke when they saw one - but it was neither disrespectful nor anti-social. In my view, the question did not warrant a serious answer. In the view of Quora's moderators, my answer did not deserve to be published. So, I will stick to publishing my views exclusively on this blog, where I needn't worry about either inane questions (other than those I raise myself) or whether some censor finds my views insufficiently serious to publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.