Friday, January 18, 2013

What I Learned Durng the First Week of the New Semester

I'm teaching first-year Property for the first time in several years, along with Climate Law & Policy, which makes for a busy semester requiring an unusually high number of hours of class preparation each week.

Here are the two lessons/reminders I learned during this first week of classes:

(1) First-year law students are really fun to teach (even when the prof is suffering with a virus);

(2) Climate science is hard (both to do and to teach), but not as hard as climate social-science.

Neither observation is especially surprising, but they are what struck me most from the first week of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.