Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Hilly Weekend

I haven't blogged much about my own cycling in the past couple of months mainly because I haven't been riding much in the past couple of months. I simply haven't had much time for anything other than spinning on the trainer in the basement. When I have had some time to ride, either the weather hasn't cooperated or I was simply too tired to get out.

Finally, after four trips in the past five weeks, I'm home for an extended period, and with the warm if blustery weather this weekend, I was able to make a bit of time for a short course of hill repeats around Griffy Lake. Yesterday, I rode up the south hill five times and the north hill once, followed by an hour of spinning on the trainer. Today, I initially intended to drive up to Indy to ride with my friends, but given how little I had been riding lately, I wasn't sure I could keep up with them for 55 miles, especially in crosswinds gusting up to 30 mph. Instead, I did another 45 minutes of hill repeats, six times up south Griffy and once up the north side. I still plan to spin on the trainer for another hour tonight.

I'm not sure whether this is going to constitute my winter routine, but in 45 minutes of hill repeats I can attain a training stress score of 50-70, depending on how hard I can push myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.