Monday, August 13, 2012

Where in the World Have I Been?

It's been a week since my last blog post, in part because I haven't found much worth blogging about (signifying more about my state of mind, perhaps, than any lack of potentially interesting topics). But I also managed to escape the heat and humidity of South-Central Indiana for a few days to the very different climate and culture of Quebec City, where it was rainy, breezy, and relatively cool, as well as scenic, interesting, delicious, and tourist-ridden.

If you'd like to get to Europe, but don't have time, Quebec City's a good option. From Indiana, it's about 4 hours and one connecting flight away. Mrs. Cyclingprof and I stayed, and ate a lot of delicious food, and the immense, imposing, and elegant Hotel Chateau Frontenac, pictured below. We did a lot of walking, took a boat cruise on the St. Lawrence River, visited a fine exhibit of North American feminist surrealists at the Museum of Fine Arts, and generally chilled out for a few days. It was probably my longest stretch of doing absolutely no work in several years.

The Chateau Frontenac













The view from our room

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.