Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday Ride

My first outdoor ride in over a week, after over-heating on my last training ride. Dr. Jim and I rode the Orchard route today for a total of about 27 miles. It was plenty humid and the temperature rose from 75-80 during the ride. In this kind of weather, I've learned (the hard way) it's best not to go out overly hard in this kind of weather. A moderate effort when the heat index is high equals a hard effort when temps are cool and humidity is low, especially when there are hills to climb. Today's route was not too hilly - only about 1100 feet of total climbing - but I had no problem getting my heart rate into the mid-170s without pushing myself.

Tomorrow, we're planning a family day-trip to French Lick, but I hope to get in a one hour solo-ride early, weather permitting (and I actually hope the weather does not permit it because we desperately need the rain).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.