I was in meetings literally all day today, until after 8 pm, so I only got to see the evening replay of today's stage.
1. For once, the breakaway did not make it to the finish line ahead of the peloton.
2. Valverde finally came good and won a stage with panache, but Nibali disappointed once again; he was unable to do anything against Wiggins and Froome.
3. Thomas Voeckler basically wrapped up the King of the Mountains competition, and Teejay van Gaarderen has pretty much done the same with the Best Young rider competition. That only leaves the yellow jersey in doubt, but is anyone really in doubt that it belongs to Wiggo?
4. Correction: Yesterday, I incorrectly stated that Europcar had moved in front of Team RadioSchack in the team competition; I was looking at the stage results, rather than the overall race results. RadioShack still owns the team competition by a good 14 minutes over Team Sky.
5. For most practical purposes, this Tour de France is history. But the final stages are still worth watching.