1. Well, that's one way to beat Cav.
2. I don't know who caused the crash today. Maybe it was just a spontaneous combustion from too many strong riders fighting for too small a space.
3. Cav was much less likely to crash in the finale of a stage in past years, when he had a strong lead-out training, keeping him out of trouble. But now that his team is devoted to getting Wiggo into the yellow jersey, Cav is forced to free-lance, which necessarily puts him into situations where he has to engage in more "argy-bargy."
4. Pettachi no longer has the after-burners. No way he could come around Greipel, despite sitting in his slipstream.
5. Tyler Farrar was caught in the same crash that tumbled Cav out of the finale. But according to the stage results (here), Farrar finished more than 4 minutes behind the winner. What's up with that? Shouldn't he get the same time as the group?