Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Ride

Dr. Jim and I had a comfortable 17-mph ride up Old 37 to the Morgan-Monroe State Forest, which meant I finally got a chance to descend Beanblossom hill, instead of going up; it was a blast. Only 25 miles, but it was all I needed today. Plus, it gave me a chance to see the very exciting finale of today's Giro stage, when Matteo Rabottini would not be denied his breakaway victory, despite being caught in the final kilometer by a hard-charging Joaquin Rodriguez. Rabottini managed to claw his way onto Rodriguez's wheel and them come around him in the final 100 meters. How he found the energy after being out front on his own for such a long time I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.