Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What I'm Reading Now

A draft book by my friend and frequent co-author Peter Grossman on the wasteful and often senseless history of  energy policy in the US. The book will be published later in 2012 or early in 2013 by Cambridge University Press.

I just finished Sarah Bakewell's How to Live: or A Life of Montaigne in One Question and Twenty Attempts at an Answer (Other Press 2010). A delightful and insightful romp through the life of Montaigne organized loosely in the form of life lessons. But this is no mere self-help book. It is wonderful biography.







As previously noted (here), I'm reading my colleague Aurelian Craitu's A Virtue for Courageous Minds: Moderation in French Political Thought (Princeton 2012). I don't think I've ever considered Edmund Burke as a  hero before, but Aurelian is getting  me to reconsider how I categorize political thinkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.