Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm in Good Company

My rant after Arsenal's Champion's League loss at Milan yesterday (here) about players who just aren't good enough received a strong boost today from former Gunner Emmanuel Petit (here). Specifically, Petit agrees with me that Walcott and Arshavin both should be sold, and he adds Tomas Rosicky to that list.

I was a big fan of Rosicky's when he was a truly brilliant young star running a potent offense at FC Dortmund, but he has never quite panned out at Arsenal. Between injuries and the meteoric rise of Cesc Fabregas, he never really had a chance to slot into the quarterback role with the Gunners; meanwhile, he has never been much of a goal-scorer (except in the 2006 World Cup against the US). Slowed by injuries and now by age, Petit surely is right that it is time for Arsenal to move him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.