Sunday, January 29, 2012

My New Ride

Thanks to master mechanic Scott Rodriguez of T3 Multisport in Indy for building up my new bike, which I picked up today. Good news for folks in B-town, Scott will be moving down here sometime in the next several months. The best mechanic in Indy (IMHO) will become the best mechanic in Bloomington (also IMHO).

Here's my new Bianchi Oltre, complete with Record Group, HED Ardennes SL wheetset, Hutchinson tubeless tires, 3T bars and stem, Speedplay pedals, Bianchi Dr. Dobermann bottle cages, and a Specialized Toupe saddle to top it off (so to speak). I haven't had a chance to weigh it yet, but I guess it'll be under 16 pounds, which is plenty light for a big guy like me. (I didn't go for the lightest saddle, cassette, or tires).

UPDATE: Bike weighs in at 15.5 lbs







































4 comments:

  1. Looks great...here in the east we have also been able to ride outside a good bit as well. Time for the law profs to comment on the Lance grand jury..can the grand jury secrecy rules keep usada from getting any of the data?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roger. I just do think the USADA would have the stomach to go after Lance, regardless of grand jury secrecy rules. My guess is that this is the end of the investigations. Of course, I've been known to be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we looking at the 61 size? The bike looks very beautiful indeed ! A few months ago I wanted to buy one, but couldn't visualize the 61 size frame the vendor fitted me... Erwin Mortier (erwinmortier@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.