Saturday, July 31, 2010

Making Progress on Writing Projects: Better Late than Never

As the clock ticks down toward an August 9th deadline, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on two conference papers/book chapters. One of them, which I am co-authoring with Lin Ostrom, has been passing back and forth between us for the past couple of months. I just received the latest (huge) contribution from Lin, who has very nearly completed the paper. After adding a couple of paragraphs in earlier sections, all that's left for me to do is to draft a Conclusion, and give Lin the final say.

The other paper, a solo effort, has been progressing well during the past several weeks; it still has a way to go before it's done. However, I'm happy to be able to report that - in contrast to my climate policy book, which currently lies as dormant as US climate policy itself - I'm enjoying working on it. I expect it will be provocative, if not compelling. At least, I hope my intended audience will find it as interesting to read as I have (so far) found it to write.

Once those two papers are completed, next in line are revisions for the Second Edition of Priniciples of Law & Economics (with Peter Grossman, forthcoming Aspen 2011). Once that is done, I will then be able to get back to work on Selling Hot Air: Emissions Trading in Climate Policy (forthcoming CUP).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.