Monday, May 24, 2010

In Memoriam: Jamie Grodsky

I have just learned that Jamie Grodsky has died. I don't know any details, just that she passed away after a brief illness. Jamie was a fabulous environmental law scholar at the George Washington University School of Law in D.C. She had taught previously at the University of Minnesota Law School. She couldn't have been much older than 40, if that. I didn't know her well, but well enough to know that she was a kind person as well as a formidable young scholar. Her former colleague Dan Farber has a more extensive profile of Jamie's career over at Legal Planet (here). The news of her premature death makes shocks and saddens me.

1 comment:

  1. I was very sad to learn of Jamie's death. I went to high school with Jamie ... she would no doubt be flattered by your estimation of her age! She was such a bright and enthusiastic presence in high school that I was not suprised to read of her many accomplishments in the years since. Here is a link to her obituary in the SF Chronicle:
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?n=jamie-anne-grodsky&pid=143114149
    She was clearly someone who made a difference in the world and will be much missed. My sincerest condolences to her family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.