Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Classes Have Ended...

... and now the work begins. One exam has been written; a second is about half-way done. Grading exams should take me a week or two. Once that's all done, I can really get down to business: two chapters to write to complete my monograph on climate policy; two chapters to write (one with a co-author) for a volume I am co-editing on the evolution of property systems in natural resources; revisions and updates for the second edition of my co-authored Natural Resources Law casebook; and revisions and updates for the second edition of my co-authored Law & Economics textbook. That's about 18-months' worth of research and writing to cram into about 8 weeks. Of course, there's no way I'll get all of it done on schedule, writing between rides. But one must prioritize in life.

Why do folks assume that summer is vacation time for professors, just because we're not in the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.