Thursday, March 25, 2010

Society for Environmental Law and Economics

This morning, I'm heading to Emory University in Atlanta for the second annual meeting of the Society for Environmental Law & Economics, of which I am a founder. I'll be presenting a paper tomorrow, co-authored by Peter Grossman, called "Institutions Matter! Why the Herder Problem Is Not a Prisoners' Dilemma." The paper concerns the (mis)treatment of Garrett Hardin's "tragedy of the commons" in the game-theory literature, and why the Herder Problem is more in the nature of a what Amartya Sen calls an "Assurance Game" than a Prisoners' Dilemma. A prepublication version of the paper can be downloaded here.

I will likely do some live blogging from the conference, which runs through Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.