Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Memorable Ride

After nearly three weeks off the bike, I've ridden 105 miles in the past four days. This evening's ride was the best of all, and one I always will remember. Not because it was the first Thursday evening training ride from Nebo Ridge, but because my son rode with me on the "C" group's 17-mile route. We've ridden together before around the neighborhood, but this was his first outdoor training ride on his first road bike, which he received for Christmas. He worked hard, rode well, and we both enjoyed every minute of the ride - something I couldn't have said if I had ridden with the "A" group or the "Killer Bs." But, who knows, by the end of the summer, my son may have worked his way up to the Killer Bs.

Now, if I could only get my wife and daughter on their bikes.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, how awesome. Did he have a good time too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Now time to take him for Preserve hill repeats! :)

    ReplyDelete

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.