Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter Training Blues

I'm heading to Coach Bob's basement this morning for a group training session. It's always more fun riding with the group; training alone, especially indoors on the trainer, quickly becomes monotonous.

I'm hoping to rediscover some energy and power today (or soon). Since setting a new personal best in the last lactate threshold test a few weeks ago, I've felt lethargic and pretty powerless. This might have been due in part to a weak bug I picked up on a trip to Chicago, in part to some changes in medications for depression and anxiety, and in part to relatively high levels of stress. I've tried to relax more the past couple of days; I've altered my meds; and I'm feeling better generally. We'll see if that translates into some stronger training sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.