Sunday, December 13, 2009

Two Big Games Today

Liverpool v. Arsenal: A win over Liverpool would thrust the Gunners right back in the thick of the title hunt, especially since Man U lost yesterday and Chelsea tied. Arsenal are still struggling to score goals in the absence of Robin van Persie. But so too are Liverpool - normally one of the "Big 4" - who are mired in mid-table at the halfway point of the season. The Reds will, however, get a boost for this game as world-class striker Fernando Torres is returning from injury. Most importantly, if Arsenal win this match, I'll have bragging rights over my colleague Jeff Cooper, who is a Liverpool fan. However, I'm predicting a draw.

UPDATE: I'm happy to say I was wrong. Arsenal win, 2-1.

Colts v. Broncos: The undefeated Colts will get a test today from a very good Broncos team. The Broncos pose special challenges for the Colts because (a) they have a set of very tall receivers and (b) an excellent defense. On the other hand, the Broncos have not faced a team with the overall team speed of the Colts. On paper, at least, it should be a close game. But I don't see the Colts losing at home, especially when that win would secure home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.