Thursday, December 3, 2009

The End of Winter Training, Session 1 (For Me)

Not only was today the last day of classes (for me) at the law school, it was also the last session of winter training I will be attending before the new year. I'm just completely burned out, and all of coaches' pushing and cajoling about increasing threshold power for the Spring racing season leaves me completely cold - I have no interest in racing - and actually reduces the enjoyment I normally get from riding the bike. It is definitely time for an extended break. The only problem is that riding my bike is just about the only thing that keeps me sane from week to week. So, over the next several weeks, I do not anticipate being very happy. I do, however, anticipate substantial weight gain. Ah, there's always a bright side! I can only hope that once I do get back on the bike, it will be with renewed vigor and enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.