Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Ride

We rode the traditional Sunday route from Fishback Creek to Elizaville and Lebanon. Got a bit wet up towards Elizaville. The hammerheads were out in force dragging us into the wind at 22-25 mph. I threw out the anchor a few times to slow the group down, but after we made the turn at Elizaville, a group exploded off the front. With no inclination to hammer today, I sat back with a small group, and we pedaled into Lebanon at about 21 mph. At the SAG, where everyone regrouped, I just get going, heading  home; I didn't want to stop and get cold after getting wet. Overall, the average speed for the ride was somewhere between 20 and 21 mph, not including warm up and warm down rides to and from home.

All in all, it was a pretty discouraging ride. I just don't understand why some guys, like Jerry and even David W., feel the need to hammer every time out, as if all rides are races. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. Maybe I need to find a different group to ride with - me, myself and I?

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. The prior Sunday was the same experience for me. I would be happy to do a moderately paced ride from time to time. This is supposed to be fun, you know? :)

    ReplyDelete

I actively moderate comments for spam, advertisements, and abusive or offensive language.